Jessica Simpson hit with lawsuit over baby photo
- Photo: NPG/Pacific Coast News1 of 13
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.2 of 13
- Photo: KAZA/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries Gets Greenlight From NBCMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:52:26 AM
- Maurice Hines is Tracing His Tap Dance Roots (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:45:47 AM
- 10 Highs (and Lows) From 'The Voice' Final 5 Performances (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:31:49 AM
- Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein's 'Portlandia' Season 4 Lands a Feb. 27 PMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:57:46 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&apos
Jessica Simpson has been hit with a lawsuit from a Louisiana couple who allege the pop star used its child to sell magazines and gain publicity following a 2011 meet and greet.
Christopher Hurst and Tracy Gregory claim that Simpson posed for a picture with their son during a Metairie, La., shopping event in October 2011 and later allowed journalists at OK! magazine to pass off the image as the first photo of her own baby in an April 2012 cover story, which featured a snap of the two alongside the caption "My First Days as a New Mom."
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The parents allege they never signed a release form allowing a photo of their son to be used and are now taking legal action against Simpson, who was still pregnant with daughter Maxwell at the time, editors at the publication, and photographers at Getty Images for invasion of privacy and emotional distress. They are seeking a maximum of $75,000 in damages.
The documents were filed at the 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, La., in April and Hurst's attorney, Michael North, says, "The photographer did not identify himself or ask Hurst's permission to take or disseminate any photographs of... [the child]... OK! magazine paid him nothing, despite clear intention to mislead some or all of the consuming public into believing the photograph on the cover of the subject issue was actually Simpson's first child."
Get out the vote
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite