Jessica Simpson hit with lawsuit over baby photo
- Photo: NPG/Pacific Coast News1 of 13
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.2 of 13
- Photo: KAZA/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
Jessica Simpson has been hit with a lawsuit from a Louisiana couple who allege the pop star used its child to sell magazines and gain publicity following a 2011 meet and greet.
Christopher Hurst and Tracy Gregory claim that Simpson posed for a picture with their son during a Metairie, La., shopping event in October 2011 and later allowed journalists at OK! magazine to pass off the image as the first photo of her own baby in an April 2012 cover story, which featured a snap of the two alongside the caption "My First Days as a New Mom."
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The parents allege they never signed a release form allowing a photo of their son to be used and are now taking legal action against Simpson, who was still pregnant with daughter Maxwell at the time, editors at the publication, and photographers at Getty Images for invasion of privacy and emotional distress. They are seeking a maximum of $75,000 in damages.
The documents were filed at the 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, La., in April and Hurst's attorney, Michael North, says, "The photographer did not identify himself or ask Hurst's permission to take or disseminate any photographs of... [the child]... OK! magazine paid him nothing, despite clear intention to mislead some or all of the consuming public into believing the photograph on the cover of the subject issue was actually Simpson's first child."
Get out the vote
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite