Jessica Simpson hit with lawsuit over baby photo
- Photo: NPG/Pacific Coast News1 of 13
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.2 of 13
- Photo: KAZA/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Jessica Simpson has been hit with a lawsuit from a Louisiana couple who allege the pop star used its child to sell magazines and gain publicity following a 2011 meet and greet.
Christopher Hurst and Tracy Gregory claim that Simpson posed for a picture with their son during a Metairie, La., shopping event in October 2011 and later allowed journalists at OK! magazine to pass off the image as the first photo of her own baby in an April 2012 cover story, which featured a snap of the two alongside the caption "My First Days as a New Mom."
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The parents allege they never signed a release form allowing a photo of their son to be used and are now taking legal action against Simpson, who was still pregnant with daughter Maxwell at the time, editors at the publication, and photographers at Getty Images for invasion of privacy and emotional distress. They are seeking a maximum of $75,000 in damages.
The documents were filed at the 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, La., in April and Hurst's attorney, Michael North, says, "The photographer did not identify himself or ask Hurst's permission to take or disseminate any photographs of... [the child]... OK! magazine paid him nothing, despite clear intention to mislead some or all of the consuming public into believing the photograph on the cover of the subject issue was actually Simpson's first child."
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite