Jessica Simpson to Launch Maternity Clothing Line This Fall
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 10
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 10
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks4 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls Ends
With the birth of her first daughter, Maxwell Drew, Jessica Simpson opened up a new chapter in her life. The obvious next step for the Jessica Simpson Collection designer, whose empire is reportedly worth nearly $1 billion? An extension into maternity wear!
"I'm so excited to partner with Destination Maternity to design a collection of fashionable styles that make you look and feel great!" Simpson said in a statement released Monday. "You want to wear clothes that are flattering to your baby bump; you want to show your bump off."
Set to launch this fall, Jessica Simpson Maternity will be sold across the nation at Motherhood Maternity, Destination Maternity and Macy's. The pieces, which will include vintage-print tops, formfitting jersey knit dresses and chunky realized sweaters, will start at $36.
Noticeably absent from the line: sky-high heels like the ones that Simpson said she probably would give birth in when she went into labor.
"I'm probably going to deliver my baby in these," the 31-year-old joked to Us Weekly in November, indicating that her 4-inch YSL heels. Simpson gave birth to little Maxwell, her first daughter with fiance Eric Johnson, on May 1.
Sadly, in the star's third trimester, the "Fashion Star" mentor found herself no longer teetering along in her designer footwear collection.
"I can't wear heels anymore," the star lamented while shopping in a Santa Monica Fred Segal back in March. "I tried,but it was too hard. Wearing heels is like a religion to me, so it's tough!"
"I can't wait for the day I can walk in heels again!" she tweeted two weeks before she gave birth. "My feet feel homesick!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite