Jessica Simpson to Launch Maternity Clothing Line This Fall
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 10
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 10
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks4 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
With the birth of her first daughter, Maxwell Drew, Jessica Simpson opened up a new chapter in her life. The obvious next step for the Jessica Simpson Collection designer, whose empire is reportedly worth nearly $1 billion? An extension into maternity wear!
"I'm so excited to partner with Destination Maternity to design a collection of fashionable styles that make you look and feel great!" Simpson said in a statement released Monday. "You want to wear clothes that are flattering to your baby bump; you want to show your bump off."
Set to launch this fall, Jessica Simpson Maternity will be sold across the nation at Motherhood Maternity, Destination Maternity and Macy's. The pieces, which will include vintage-print tops, formfitting jersey knit dresses and chunky realized sweaters, will start at $36.
Noticeably absent from the line: sky-high heels like the ones that Simpson said she probably would give birth in when she went into labor.
"I'm probably going to deliver my baby in these," the 31-year-old joked to Us Weekly in November, indicating that her 4-inch YSL heels. Simpson gave birth to little Maxwell, her first daughter with fiance Eric Johnson, on May 1.
Sadly, in the star's third trimester, the "Fashion Star" mentor found herself no longer teetering along in her designer footwear collection.
"I can't wear heels anymore," the star lamented while shopping in a Santa Monica Fred Segal back in March. "I tried,but it was too hard. Wearing heels is like a religion to me, so it's tough!"
"I can't wait for the day I can walk in heels again!" she tweeted two weeks before she gave birth. "My feet feel homesick!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite