Joe Simpson: Nick Lachey was a 'good husband' to Jessica
- Photo: Soul Brother/FilmMagic/Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Newspix/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: © Faye Sadou/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: @VanessaLachey/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Gets a Bloody Poster and Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:00 AM
- Fitz and The Tantrums headline US Open ceremonyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:40:31 AM
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew ReactsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:26:00 AM
- Allison Williams to Play Peter Pan in NBC's Live ProductionMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:23:00 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from book
No hard feelings here. Less than a month after Nick Lachey jokingly slammed his ex-father-in-law, Joe Simpson, on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live," Simpson has already forgiven the 98 Degrees boy bander. Asked by TMZ on Sunday what he thought of Lachey's comments, Simpson admitted that the insults took him by surprise, but insisted that he didn't hold a grudge.
"I love Nick. I love Nick," he said. "And I think he was a good husband to my daughter. And I would still have a beer with him today."
Lachey, 39 -- married since 2011 to Vanessa Minnillo, with whom he has an 8-month-old son, Camden -- told "WWHL" host Andy Cohen in May that it had been years since he and ex-wife Jessica Simpson had had contact. After a bit of banter about the couple's MTV reality show, Cohen asked what Lachey liked best about being free of the "Fashion Star" mentor's dad and manager.
"Can I answer this one?" his brother Drew piped in. "Everything!"
"The best thing about not having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law," Lachey added, laughing, "is [that] I don't have to play grab-ass under the table on Easter Sunday."
Lachey and Simpson's oldest daughter tied the knot in October 2002 after three years of on-and-off dating. They documented their marriage on the reality series "Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica" before separating in 2005 and divorcing in 2006.
Both have since moved on: Lachey with Minnillo, and his ex with football player Eric Johnson, with whom she has a daughter, 13-month-old Maxwell, and a son on the way. (Jessica, 32, and Johnson, 33, plan to wed soon after their second child's birth, a source recently told Us Weekly.)
Speaking about his relationship with the singer and mom-to-be on "WWHL," Lachey said it felt "like another lifetime ago." "As you can imagine, ["Newlyweds" is] not popular viewing in my house," he joked in response to Cohen's question about whether he ever reminisces by watching episodes of their MTV show. "We don't sit around as a family and watch the old DVDs."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite