- Photo: /AP/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Jeremy makes eye contact with Jessica (in yellow) at a D.C. bash / Dimitrios Kambouris/VF1/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Jessica Simpson leaves her New York hotel on May 5/Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: ACL/London Ent/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: JWLA/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Plunders $20.2 Million in Foreign MarketsMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Network says signal of Egyptian satire show jammedMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Barack Obama Set to Introduce Fox's 'Cosmos' Premiere EpisodeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Grand Budapest Hotel' On Record-Breaking Box Office Tear How Wes Anderson PulledMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
By Kat Giantis
It's been two months since Jeremy Renner laughed off a report that he scored Jessica Simpson's digits while allegedly "flirting up a storm" with her during a shindig for his Oscar-winning drama "The Hurt Locker." But the hookup chatter continues courtesy of Us Weekly, which says the pair was spied entering the St. Regis hotel in Washington, D.C., about 30 seconds apart in the early morning hours of May 2.
RELATED: Check out more pics of Jessica
The dental hygiene-challenged, sexual napalm-y starlet, 29, who recently responded to a question about her dating prospects by coyly stating that she's "feeling out" some situations, reportedly posed for pics with fans while the actor, 39, waited in the shadows.
An eyewitness alleges that Jess and Jeremy, who earlier that night attended the White House Correspondents' Dinner followed by a Bloomberg/Vanity Fair afterparty at the French ambassador's residence, then hopped in a hotel elevator and headed up to parts unknown.
So, what does this highly circumstantial evidence prove?
Well, they definitely know each other: Renner was snapped separately at the post-dinner bash with Simpson and her dad, Joe, and the twosome was supposedly seen last month at a Los Angeles-area member's-only club.
RELATED: Jessica shares her mom's best advice
But as for whether the thespian really is Jessica's "new man," as Us touts, that's still anyone's guess.
And the same apparently goes for what went down that night when Simpson bumped into ex Tony Romo, who was accompanied by his latest squeeze, Candice Crawford (sister of Chace).
RELATED: Jessica and more celeb Gleeks
Romo, you'll recall, punted Simpson to the curb last July on the night before her 29th birthday. He began dating Crawford a few months later.
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite