Jilted Groom Hugh Hefner On Why Runaway Bride Crystal Harris Left Him
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: RWF/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Rob Latour/Splash News5 of 18
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: AR4/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: AR4/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital12 of 18
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.14 of 18
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.15 of 18
- Photo: Judy Edd/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: AR4/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 nomsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:35:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 noms
ET's Chris Jacobs sat down with Hugh Hefner inside the library of the famed Playboy Mansion for an intimate fireside chat about his runaway bride, Crystal Harris. What made her "skip" off the bunny property before her wedding to the publishing tycoon?
Hef sees the situation a lot more clearly "in hindsight," admitting that their vast age difference was probably a contributing factor, though he expects more truth to unravel as time goes on. He questions himself: "What was I really thinking?" When lawyers started getting involved to discuss a prenuptial agreement, "things started to get sour." By calling the wedding off, Hef wholeheartedly believes he "missed a bullet" over an inevitable split.
Taken aback by her sudden departure, Hef considered them to have a "very happy relationship" and he "wanted to give her continuity." Denying he was rushing Crystal down the aisle, Hef maintains that the "relationship not the marriage" was his priority. He believes in their two-year-plus year courtship, his bride was "fascinated" by the Playboy lifestyle and "created the illusion that she was over the moon happy."
When Crystal abruptly left while Hef and some girls were enjoying their traditional Sunday movie night, she did not leave empty handed. Besides the sparkler on her finger, the security tapes show "she made a point to get both cars off the property." During their time together, Hef gave her a Bentley and another luxury vehicle.
The betrayed groom-to-be doesn't plan to take the plunge again into marriage. "I think my natural state is single," he confided. "The only times I've been monogamous were the two times I was married."
All the while, he does admit that he was with girlfriend Anna Sophia Berglund while with Crystal. Had Crystal become his wife, he would have addressed the issue with her on whether he'd continue his relationship with Anna. As long as there is honesty about additional relationships, he is OK with his girlfriends seeing other guys. "The immorality of infidelity is the line," he defined.
"My life is an open book with illustrations, no mysteries, and widely published," he analogized. This is just another chapter to be shelved in the quaint, voluminous archives of the legendary Playboy empire.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite