- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ1 of 4
- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ2 of 4
- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Netflix's 'Arrested Development,' 'House of Cards' ChanMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:59:47 PM
- Hitman Drama 'Salvo' Wins Critics' Week Prize at CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:36:33 PM
- A&E Cancels 'Intervention'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:30:06 PM
- Breakup Fee for Rythym & Hues Stalking-Horse Bidder Approved (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:29:16 PM
- Jon Favreau, Giancarlo Esposito Team Up for Much-Hyped 'Destiny' Videogame TrailerMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:26:44 PM
- Netflix's 'Arrested Development,' 'House of Cards' Chan
By Dana Flax
With two hit television shows ("Community" and "The Soup," natch) and a part in the film "The Informant!," Joel McHale has already made it into comedy heaven. So how does he reconcile the fact that he's a celebrity now ... kind of like the ones he makes fun of on TV? GQ interviewed Joel for their November issue (on stands now), so read on for the excerpts below (including one about a Ryan Seacrest-performed bris, no joke) and then see the rest of the content -- including some snazzy winter suits -- on GQ.com now.
On his predetermined comedy career destiny:
"This is very Catholic of me, but it's all gonna end."
His "Informant!" director Steven Soderbergh, um, probably knew him from "The Soup." Maybe?:
"I don't think he knew who I was. When we were waiting to hear, my agent sent me an e-mail: 'Light a candle.'"
On the U.S.'s carbohydrate capital, Decatur, Ill. (where he filmed "The Informant"):
"The whole place smells like breakfast cereal because of the processing at ADM. There's an enormous lake. People say it's toxic. They have signs like: 'Come to the Lakefront Restaurant. Do Not Touch the Water.' But the town is cute!"
His "Community" co-star Chevy Chase may know Hollywood royalty, but Joel knows that first mean reality show chick:
"He has better stories than anybody. He'll be like, 'When I was playing pool with Paul Newman ...' And I'm like, 'Well, Chase, I shot a commercial with Omarosa from "The Apprentice." Top that!'"
On why Ryan Seacrest makes the perfect butt-of-the-joke (if you needed any clarification):
"Because he's the face of E! He has a pile of money that goes up to Jupiter. And he has all of the other jobs available in Hollywood. He's performing a bris this weekend in Brentwood."
More on Wonderwall:
More on GQ.com:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite