John Stamos Describes Hairspray Role As 'Sort Of Like A Straight Ryan Seacrest'
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ABC/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm ChannelMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:00:00 PM
- 'Starred Up' Director David Mackenzie Dishes on Jack O'Connell Prison DraMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:56:00 PM
- TLC Promotes Three Production and Development ExecutivesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:35:00 PM
- Fox News to Air Documentary '13 Hours at Benghazi The Inside Story'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:24:00 PM
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former ShowrunnerMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm Channel
Did he really say that?
John Stamos, appearing on Wednesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his upcoming production of "Hairspray" at the Hollywood Bowl, raised eyebrows in describing his role in the iconic musical.
"I play Corny Collins, he's sort of a DJ, he hosts a music show,” Stamos said. “Sort of like a straight Ryan Seacrest!"
"Ryan's a friend, we've kissed," Stamos joked of Seacrest, who's dating gorgeous dancer Julianne Hough.
The hunky "Full House" star, 47, also told Kimmel how his teen nephew Blake constantly texts him for advice with the ladies.
Stamos said Blake recently texted him telling him he was on the beach in Hawaii and had a beautiful girl in his sights.
John's response? "Go over, say 'Hi' and tell her your uncle's John Stamos!"
"Hairspray" -- also featuring Corbin Bleu, Drew Carey and Harvey Fierstein -- plays at the Hollywood Bowl from August 5-7.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite