Johnathon Schaech welcomes baby boy Camden Quinn
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 2
More Celeb News
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves WMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:42:00 PM
- SNL Alum Rachel Dratch Will Guest-Star on Parks and Recreation's Final SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' to Open in OctoberMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- James Foley's Brother Says U.S. Could've Done More to Save Slain JournalistMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Chappelle's Show' Co-Creator: I'd Pay to Get Cops to Wear CamerMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:25:00 PM
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves W
Break out the cigars -- Johnathon Schaech is a dad! The "Ray Donovan" actor, 44, and his new wife, Julie Solomon, 29, welcomed their first child, a son, on Sept. 12, his rep confirms to Us Weekly.
Baby boy Camden Quinn Schaech was born in Los Angeles at 2:50 a.m., the rep tells Us. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 19 inches.
Incidentally, Schaech's character on Showtime's "Ray Donovan," Sean Walker, also has a new baby. "I get such a kick out of the uniqueness of him having a baby and me having a baby," the "That Thing You Do" star told Elle magazine recently. "Liev [Schreiber] actually had to teach me how to hold the head of the baby."
He explained, "In the second episode, I carry the baby over to Liev and tell him to smell her head. The line was, 'Smell her hair,' but she didn't have any hair, so I was trying to make Liev laugh. He came to me after the first take and said I should support the baby at the back of the neck, so the head doesn't move so much."
Schaech also has good parenting examples in his own mother and father. Speaking about his childhood in an interview with the Baltimore Sun this month, he said the values they instilled in him have helped him move between "the grounded way in which I was brought up in Edgewood, [Maryland], and then the Hollywood way."
"My parents instilled something greater than myself," he told the paper. "They instilled faith in me."
This is the first child for both Schaech and his wife, who married in a secret ceremony this summer. He was previously wed to actress Christina Applegate and to country singer Jana Kramer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEx Encounter
From Crowd Ignite