Johnny Galecki Opens Up About Secret Romance With Kaley Cuoco: 'We're Dear Friends'
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional5 of 13
- Photo: CBS/Promotional6 of 13
- Photo: ABC/.7 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: TMCS/Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Peter/NPG12 of 13
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
At long last! Finally, three years after Kaley Cuoco revealed that she had a secret, two-year relationship with "Big Bang Theory" costar Johnny Galecki, the 38-year-old is opening up about the romance. And yes, the two are still close.
"We're dear friends, still. Kaley's not just an ex, she's a part of my life," Galecki tells the December issue of CBS Watch! magazine. So, why has he never mentioned their past before? "I just don't like to speak about it. And not because I'm trying to be enigmatic; I just worry that it will conflict with people's acceptance of Leonard and Penny," he says of the pair's TV characters on the "Big Bang Theory." "I get the curiosity, but I don't want to distract from the story."
Galecki and Cuoco have starred in the CBS comedy together since 2007. Three years into the series, Cuoco opened up about their relationship for the first time with CBS Watch! magazine in September 2010. "We dated for almost two years. It was such a huge part of my life and no one knew about it," Cuoco revealed. "This is the first time I've ever talked about it, ever. It was a wonderful relationship, but we never spoke a word about it and never went anywhere together."
"[We were] so protective of ourselves and the show, and we didn't want anything to ruin that," she continued. Unfortunately, Cuoco admitted keeping so tight-lipped eventually took a toll on their relationship.
"We knew we weren't destined to be together. We accepted it and said, 'Look, if we ever break up, we will be professional,'" she recalled. "I'm so lucky it was a mutual ending and that we don't hate each other. We've seen that happen on other shows."
Since the shocking reveal, both actors have stepped out publicly with new romances. Us Weekly exclusively broke news about Cuoco's engagement to tennis player Ryan Sweeting after three months of dating in September this year. Days earlier, the couple attended -- and sat right next to -- Galecki and his girlfriend Kelli Garner at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. Galecki and the former "Pan Am" star first debuted as a couple in March 2012.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite