Johnny Weir splits from husband Victor Voronov after two years of marriage
- Photo: Gregory Pace/BEImages/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: @vitya_zvesda/Twitter2 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 12
- Photo: CS5/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 12
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Jerritt Clark/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 12
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
After more than two years of marriage, Johnny Weir and his husband Victor Voronov won't have the Olympic finish they'd been hoping for. The famed figure skater took to Twitter on March 19 to announce that he had split from his Russian lawyer husband.
"It is with great sadness that I announce that my husband and I are no longer together," he wrote. "My heart hurts, and I wish him well."
The couple was married on Dec. 30, 2011 in an intimate courthouse wedding.
"My husband was actually in the closet until about a month before we were married," Weir revealed to "Access Hollywood" in February 2014. "He comes from a very strict and judgmental world."
And in the same interview, Weir opened up about the struggles of marriage.
"Being married is an adjustment, and I'm such an OCD, solitary, confined person that it was very hard to open my life and my home and in some ways my closet to somebody else," he continued. "We both are constantly fighting to wear the pants in the relationship."
After taking time to focus on his fashion career, Weir stepped back into the spotlight at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia where he was brought in to offer commentary on several of the events.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite