Jon Cryer Feared He Had Suffered Serious Injury in Bike Crash
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 13
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: CBS/Promotional5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
"Two and a Half Men" star Jon Cryer feared he had suffered a serious injury in a bike accident on Sunday as he heard his helmet cracking when his head hit the road.
RELATED: Charlie Sheen A to Z
The actor was taking part in California's Nautica Malibu Triathlon, which includes an ocean swim, an 18-mile cycle ride and a four-mile run, but he pulled out midway through the second challenge after falling off his bike.
Cryer was pictured looking bloodied and bruised following the accident, and he says his injuries could have been a lot worse.
He tells TMZ, "I have an awesome bike. ... It's what the pros use. Unfortunately I am not a pro cyclist. ... I decided to get super-aggressive as I was going downhill and I got to the bottom ... going as fast I could possibly go, the wheel starts wobbling I over-corrected (it) and absolutely just ate it. I did the wobbling-back skid where the bike just flies out from underneath you. ... I skidded probably like 15 feet on my skin. ... You know how cyclists wear the leotard that offers zero protection? I used that to break my fall."
RELATED: Before They Were Emmy Nominees
The star admits he is thankful to have been wearing a helmet because otherwise he would have suffered a nasty head injury: "My helmet took the brunt of it, thankfully. I could feel the helmet cracking as my head went back. ... I could feel the helmet giving way. I was like, I really don't want to buy it."
Cryer later visited his doctor and confirmed he hadn't sustained any lasting damage, adding, "I went to the doctor today and I didn't break anything, which is awesome but they can't tell if I have torn ligaments or anything like that."
He added, "Interestingly, I found the hardest thing to do when you have torn the skin off your shoulder and your leg is reach for the parking ticket at the doctor's office."
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite