Jon Cryer Feared He Had Suffered Serious Injury in Bike Crash
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 13
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: CBS/Promotional5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:19:00 PM
- ICM Partners Snags Steve Alexander From ResolutionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Sam Raimi announces planned 'The Last of Us' filmMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:13:14 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make EveryonMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-
"Two and a Half Men" star Jon Cryer feared he had suffered a serious injury in a bike accident on Sunday as he heard his helmet cracking when his head hit the road.
RELATED: Charlie Sheen A to Z
The actor was taking part in California's Nautica Malibu Triathlon, which includes an ocean swim, an 18-mile cycle ride and a four-mile run, but he pulled out midway through the second challenge after falling off his bike.
Cryer was pictured looking bloodied and bruised following the accident, and he says his injuries could have been a lot worse.
He tells TMZ, "I have an awesome bike. ... It's what the pros use. Unfortunately I am not a pro cyclist. ... I decided to get super-aggressive as I was going downhill and I got to the bottom ... going as fast I could possibly go, the wheel starts wobbling I over-corrected (it) and absolutely just ate it. I did the wobbling-back skid where the bike just flies out from underneath you. ... I skidded probably like 15 feet on my skin. ... You know how cyclists wear the leotard that offers zero protection? I used that to break my fall."
RELATED: Before They Were Emmy Nominees
The star admits he is thankful to have been wearing a helmet because otherwise he would have suffered a nasty head injury: "My helmet took the brunt of it, thankfully. I could feel the helmet cracking as my head went back. ... I could feel the helmet giving way. I was like, I really don't want to buy it."
Cryer later visited his doctor and confirmed he hadn't sustained any lasting damage, adding, "I went to the doctor today and I didn't break anything, which is awesome but they can't tell if I have torn ligaments or anything like that."
He added, "Interestingly, I found the hardest thing to do when you have torn the skin off your shoulder and your leg is reach for the parking ticket at the doctor's office."
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite