Jon Cryer Feared He Had Suffered Serious Injury in Bike Crash
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 13
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: CBS/Promotional5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: AP10 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
"Two and a Half Men" star Jon Cryer feared he had suffered a serious injury in a bike accident on Sunday as he heard his helmet cracking when his head hit the road.
RELATED: Charlie Sheen A to Z
The actor was taking part in California's Nautica Malibu Triathlon, which includes an ocean swim, an 18-mile cycle ride and a four-mile run, but he pulled out midway through the second challenge after falling off his bike.
Cryer was pictured looking bloodied and bruised following the accident, and he says his injuries could have been a lot worse.
He tells TMZ, "I have an awesome bike. ... It's what the pros use. Unfortunately I am not a pro cyclist. ... I decided to get super-aggressive as I was going downhill and I got to the bottom ... going as fast I could possibly go, the wheel starts wobbling I over-corrected (it) and absolutely just ate it. I did the wobbling-back skid where the bike just flies out from underneath you. ... I skidded probably like 15 feet on my skin. ... You know how cyclists wear the leotard that offers zero protection? I used that to break my fall."
RELATED: Before They Were Emmy Nominees
The star admits he is thankful to have been wearing a helmet because otherwise he would have suffered a nasty head injury: "My helmet took the brunt of it, thankfully. I could feel the helmet cracking as my head went back. ... I could feel the helmet giving way. I was like, I really don't want to buy it."
Cryer later visited his doctor and confirmed he hadn't sustained any lasting damage, adding, "I went to the doctor today and I didn't break anything, which is awesome but they can't tell if I have torn ligaments or anything like that."
He added, "Interestingly, I found the hardest thing to do when you have torn the skin off your shoulder and your leg is reach for the parking ticket at the doctor's office."
Get out the vote
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite