Jon Cryer's ex-wife wants $88,000-a-month in child support
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 12
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Jon Cryer's ex-wife has accused the actor of making their son a subject of ridicule at school because his child support payments aren't enough to cover expensive holidays and parties, reports TMZ.
In 2011, the "Two and a Half Men" star was ordered to pay $8,000-a-month to his ex-wife, Sarah Trigger, to cover the costs of bringing up their 13-year-old son, Charlie Austin.
Cryer tried to appeal the decision, insisting Trigger only looked after their son four percent of the time. However, she has filed new papers for the amount to be increased, asking for $88,969-a-month.
In documents, Trigger claims Charlie is suffering because he can't keep up with his wealthy school friends who enjoy "exotic vacations in the summer and winter like Europe and Thailand."
Trigger also notes how the boy's classmates throw lavish birthday parties and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, the likes of which she can't afford to compete with given the amount Cryer provides her.
The documents allege Trigger, who contends that Cryer is pocketing around $2 million a month, needs the child support boost as she now looks after Charlie 50 percent of the time.
Cryer and Trigger divorced in 2004. In 2009, she was arrested for suspicion of child abuse in an incident involving another child, and in 2010 was investigated over threats leveled at the Emmy-winning actor (she vehemently denied the allegations).
Cryer married showbiz reporter Lisa Joyner in 2007, and they have a daughter, Daisy.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite