Jon Cryer's ex-wife wants $88,000-a-month in child support
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 12
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Jon Cryer's ex-wife has accused the actor of making their son a subject of ridicule at school because his child support payments aren't enough to cover expensive holidays and parties, reports TMZ.
In 2011, the "Two and a Half Men" star was ordered to pay $8,000-a-month to his ex-wife, Sarah Trigger, to cover the costs of bringing up their 13-year-old son, Charlie Austin.
Cryer tried to appeal the decision, insisting Trigger only looked after their son four percent of the time. However, she has filed new papers for the amount to be increased, asking for $88,969-a-month.
In documents, Trigger claims Charlie is suffering because he can't keep up with his wealthy school friends who enjoy "exotic vacations in the summer and winter like Europe and Thailand."
Trigger also notes how the boy's classmates throw lavish birthday parties and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, the likes of which she can't afford to compete with given the amount Cryer provides her.
The documents allege Trigger, who contends that Cryer is pocketing around $2 million a month, needs the child support boost as she now looks after Charlie 50 percent of the time.
Cryer and Trigger divorced in 2004. In 2009, she was arrested for suspicion of child abuse in an incident involving another child, and in 2010 was investigated over threats leveled at the Emmy-winning actor (she vehemently denied the allegations).
Cryer married showbiz reporter Lisa Joyner in 2007, and they have a daughter, Daisy.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite