Jon Cryer's hair is fake, rolls on paint for 'elaborate illusion'
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/Wonderwall4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: CBS/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
While reminiscing about his "spectacular mane of unruly wonderfulness" in the 1986 romantic comedy "Pretty in Pink" (he starred opposite Molly Ringwald), the 48-year-old actor revealed that his hair is "gone now."
"This is an elaborate illusion," the "Two and a Half Men" star said pointing to the top of his head. "This is the work of several talented professionals making the most of like four hairs. It's amazing, actually, what they can do. I'm not wearing a piece -- or anything like that -- but it's a long involved process that starts with stuff like shoe polish, basically, that they coat the top."
"They basically just paint -- they get a roller type thing -- and just whoosh along the top," Cryer described while demonstrating painting his head. "You have to decide if you're going to go full [John] Travolta and get the full front in," he joked of the 59-year-old actor's famous widow's peak. "And then they literally sprinkle powder in from a salt shaker. So this is, like I said, four or five hairs."
What happens if he gets caught in the rain?
"You're out of luck," Cryer said with a laugh. "It flattens out and you can get the nice little rivulets going down. But thankfully, your eyebrows will channel down the side."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite