Jon Ditches Kate-Dissing Lawyer As She Allegedly Mulls Her Dating OptionsRelated: Hot Gossip, Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin
- Photo: SMartinez/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Promotional2 of 9
- Photo: MSN/Promotional3 of 9
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis / Splash News/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: .6 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
By Kat Giantis
Has Jon Gosselin finally decided to check out the view from the high road? Not long after his new lawyer slammed ex-wife Kate as a manipulative PR mastermind, the execrable father of eight took to his Twitter to deny he authorized the bad-mouthing.
On Thursday morning, Gosselin tweeted that he terminated the services of attorney Anthony List on April 15, insisting, "He has no legal right to speak to the press or anyone on my behalf."
And despite List's assertion that Jon was pressing forward in his custody battle with so-called "absentee mom" Kate, who was ousted this week from her galumphy turn on "Dancing With the Stars," he says a less contentious plan is in the works.
RELATED VIDEO: Kate: I am not an absentee mom
"Kate, her attorneys and I are moving forward to work out things privately and amicably," explains Gosselin.
In an earlier statement to TMZ, List laid into Kate for having the audacity to bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan, something her oats-sowing former spouse hasn't exactly made a priority.
"'Dancing With the Stars' is just the tip of the iceberg for Kate, as surely there will be many other projects to take its place soon," he sniped, apparently referring to her new TLC series, "Twist of Kate." "She's always promoting something ... and most of the time it's herself."
RELATED VIDEO: Kate does the Foxtrot
Two weeks ago, List announced that Jon would seek primary custody of their brood and possibly a flip-flop on child support because "he is much better able to spend time with the children" (he's currently on the hook to Kate for $22,000 a month).
But Gosselin now denies he ever sought full custody, telling TMZ that List "filed for that. I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."
Not so, says the attorney, who fires back, "Jon signed off on everything."
Gosselin, who is apparently miffed with List's loose lips, also points out that he simply "can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."
The position he's seeking: "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."
Kate, for her part, responded to the initial custody filing by declaring, "I am and always will be a mother first, but as a single working mom I will do everything necessary to provide for my kids despite the opinions of others."
RELATED VIDEO: Kate plays nice about Jon with Jay Leno
Everything, that is, except headline "The Bachelorette."
Still, Kate is said to be considering her romantic options, at least according to PopEater, which says she's ready to dip her big toe back into the dating pool and has some specific suitors in mind.
"Kate is serious about going Hollywood and thinks dating a celebrity is a great idea," explains a "pal." "When Kate sees how Tom Cruise changed Katie Holmes' life, it became clear that she needed to do the same. Obviously, she knows she's not yet ready to date a George Clooney, but she thinks she would be the perfect partner for a Jeff Goldblum or someone like David Hasselhoff."
Oy, where to begin with all that is wrong with those three sentences? First off, Clooney plus kids, never mind eight of 'em, is never gonna happen. And dating Hasselhoff? It would be like having nine kids, except one of them is a dysfunctional tanorexic. As for the Tom and Katie theory, the jury is still out on whether he's changed her life for the better. That leaves the awesome Jeff Goldblum, who, last we checked, prefers his dates on the dewy side.
Read more Hot Gossip
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite