Jon Gosselin Demands 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Stops Production
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.1 of 12
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.2 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 12
- Photo: TLC/.4 of 12
- Photo: TLC/.5 of 12
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News7 of 12
- Photo: Team Gosselin/Splash News8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Heidi Gutman / ABC/Retna Ltd.10 of 12
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
ET has learned exclusively that Jon Gosselin has put TLC, the cable network behind "Jon & Kate Plus 8," on notice to "cease and desist" any television production of the show and leave his property.
Gosselin's attorney Mark Jay Heller tells us: "Jon realized his family was like a trainwreck, so he decided to put the brakes on the divorce and on the show … because if he didn't the family would be in a mortal accident … the victims of a trainwreck."
Heller tells ET the original agreement between TLC and the Gosselin family "may very well be 'null and void' and unenforceable." He claims that TLC never secured the special permits required by Pennsylvania Child Labor Law as a "prerequisite" for the Gosselin children's involvement in "Jon & Kate Plus 8."
Heller also claims that TLC "failed to designate the appropriate compensation to be allocated to the children" and "it may ultimately be determined that TLC has not provided for compensation for the eight children over the past four years." Gosselin's lawyer further alleges that the network "never secured location permits" for the production company to film the show on the Gosselins' property.
Heller and Gosselin tell ET they've been in discussions to pull the plug on the program and take the kids off the show for weeks prior to Tuesday's announcement that the name of the show would change from "Jon & Kate Plus 8" to "Kate Plus 8."
Heller also maintains that the production deal for "Jon & Kate Plus 8" does not carry over into a new show titled "Kate Plus 8." He tells us that "a new program known as 'Kate Plus 8' would certainly require the acquiescence and consent not only of Kate Gosselin but Jon Gosselin, who is the father of the eight Gosselin children, which consent Jon has not given and if necessary, Jon is prepared to seek Court intervention to make sure his children's best interests are protected."
In light of these claims, Gosselin's legal team tells TLC lawyers in a never-before-made-public letter obtained by ET, "...you state that your client has '…stated many times in the past, the Company will not undertake any conduct that either Kate or Jon truly believes is detrimental or potentially detrimental to their children.'"
"Jon Gosselin unequivocally believes that his children's continued participation in your client's television production is 'detrimental' to his children. Accordingly, Jon expects that your client will cease and desist from any and all further production which includes his eight children."
Gosselin's attorney writes to TLC lawyers in a second letter: "Effective immediately no production crews are to enter Jon Gosselin's family home for any reason. In the event that anyone enters the marital property, Jon Gosselin will notify the local authority to effectuate Police action against any trespassers."
Keep checking back here for the latest on this developing story.
Related stories on ETonline.com:New 'Jon and Kate' Episodes Show Their Life Apart
Jon Gosselin Takes Daughter Leah to Doctor's Office
From Crowd Ignite