Jon Gosselin Does Yoga!
- Photo: TTA Media/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: GettyImages.com2 of 9
- Photo: Greg Tidwell, PacificCoastNews.com/Pacific Coast News3 of 9
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Pictures4 of 9
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: ODuran/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Jon Gosselin is ready to go to the mat: the yoga mat!
The latest stop on his quest for inner peace was a yoga studio at a Los Angeles hotel Nov. 5. As exclusive photos at Usmagazine.com show, the 32-year-old reality star -- in shorts and a tattoo-revealing tank top -- tried out basic poses, stretches and breathing and meditation exercises.
Yoga may help the embattled star "find balance in his life," Michelle Dumas, Programming Director at Manhattan's Pure Yoga, tells Us.
"I'm sure with all that has been going on in Jon's life, things are out of whack," Dumas tells Us. "He's got to let go of external distractions and tap into his spirituality."
Observing snapshots of Gosselin's novice yoga session, Dumas says that his body seems "closed off" and "holds a lot of tension."
That's no surprise. Facing numerous legal battles from his estranged wife Kate Gosselin and cable network TLC, Gosselin stormed off an Entertainment Tonight set recently after getting into a shouting match with girlfriend Hailey Glassman -- who had previously accused him of throwing "mantrums."
Prior to this outburst, Gosselin admitted Oct. 29 that "I have allowed myself to become somewhat severed from my own moral anchor and be carried away by the challenges of fame," and that he yearned to "reconnect with my deeper, more spiritual, more altruistic self."
The first steps in this spiritual rebirth, he said, would be lots of quality time with his new spiritual advisor Rabbi Shmuley Boteach and with his eight kids.
Yoga, says expert Dumas, could also help him become a better father.
"A big tenant of yoga is to let go, to be present in the moment," she tells Us. "So when he's with his children, he could actually be present and be a father."
In addition to his yoga session, he took a break by the pool to munch on a green apple, chat on his phone and catch up on some reading.
His books of choice? Tao Te Ching, a Taoist self-help tome, and a children's book.
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite