Jon Gosselin is Now Half-Jewish, Declares Rabbi Jon Gosselin
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Meinelt / Winslow/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
By Dana Flax
In what has to be the most "oy vey"-inducing Gosselin news bite published this week (and that's saying something!), the "Jon and Kate Plus 8" patriarch has now declared that he's part Jewish, challenging thousands of years of tradition with the same gravity and staid commitment he's applied to his personal relationships.
"This is the first year I will celebrate Hanukkah. Hailey [Glassman, his girlfriend] is Jewish. Everyone in my life is Jewish now, [including] my attorney," Jon told ParentDish of the religion's new Jewish-by-osmosis conversion tactics. "I'm now half Jewish and half Korean. The family values are great. On Christmas, I'll see my kids during the day for a couple of hours."
Hmm, something's not right with this. Speaking as a member of the Tribe, I just don't see how Jon Gosselin could be considered one of the "chosen" people, unless he was "chosen" to be a Bluetooth earbud spokesmodel for Ed Hardy or whatever. Or "chosen" to appear in court. ('cause he's being sued!)
Also, the juxtaposition of the sentences "The family values are great" and "I'll see my kids during the day for a couple of hours" alone is mind-blowing. Where is he getting this stuff? From the secret whispers of his magical earring? I mean, I guess he does have a lot in common with a Bar Mitzvah-aged teenage boy -- at least in the unnecessarily-rebellious-piercing category.
"I just went through Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and learned about the New Year," the learned Judaic student continued. "I love challah bread. I'm learning about Jewish food ... I'm learning about kosher [practices] and when not to order a bacon, egg and cheese and make an ass of myself."
Nice, Jon! Now if only you could convert "the deli counter" into "the world" in your non-ass-of-self-making activities. Seriously, do it. We hear conversion's apparently really easy these days. (Zing!)
Now, who can we blame for all of this behavior? (There's gotta be a scapegoat somewhere. After all, this is a Gosselin-related story). Jon credits Hailey Glassman, his "rock."
"She's, like, the best girl ever ... She's the rock of my life. She's been through hell in the tabloids. They made up lies that she's a lesbian and she's doing drugs. We've both been through all this turmoil. And we just keep on loving each other."
Well, Jon, while you crusade for Hailey's righteous, upstanding nature, I'm gonna ponder what kinds of rocks form in four-ish months. Igneous? Limestone? Fool's gold? Probably fool's gold. You should just find her a fool's gold engagement ring and make sure you keep on loving each other forever.
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite