Jon Gosselin on Kate Gosselin: There's 'no cooperation,' no relationship
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional6 of 9
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: C. Smith/CS5/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Inside President Obama's Funny or Die VideoMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew Weiner
The happy, goofy days of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" -- when the overwhelmed but cheerful spouses Jon and Kate Gosselin seemed bonded for life as they minded their brood of eight small children -- feels like a lifetime ago. In the latest update with Jon three years after their marriage ended, the former TLC star confirms in a new Oprah Winfrey interview that he and Kate are virtual strangers.
"I don't really have a relationship with Kate. It's more texting, custodial stuff. I wish her the best in all that she does," Jon, 36, says. Now making ends meet as a waiter at a restaurant in rural Pennsylvania, Jon and Kate, 38, now share custody of twins Cara and Mady, 13, and 9-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel -- but it sounds like the former spouses are quietly at odds.
"We're just moving in totally different directions, just totally not on the same page at all about anything," Jon says quietly in the video.
"I don't really know what goes on in Kate's house, and she really doesn't know what goes on in my house. There is no cooperation," Jon adds.
For her part, Kate told Bethenny Frankel last month that she felt "sadness and empathy and pity" for her ex, and hinted that co-parenting remains something of a strain. "Without going into to much detail, we are making the best of it," she said. "I definitely want them to know that I did not want to hinder or stand in the way of that relationship with him."
Add Jon in the OWN interview: "[We have] two different totally parenting styles, two different totally everythings. Which is a shame. Because it affects me. But it really affects my children."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite