Jon Gosselin says he doesn't pay child support, has 'no relationship' with ex-wife Kate Gosselin
- Photo: AB1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: WENN2 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional3 of 9
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
What a difference four years makes. There was a time, not that long ago, when you couldn't mention Jon Gosselin without also mentioning his then-wife, Kate Gosselin. They were a unit: Jon and Kate, plus their eight young children. These days, though, the two lead completely separate lives.
In a new interview with "Entertainment Tonight" anchor Brooke Anderson, Gosselin opens up about the nature of his interactions, or lack thereof, with his now-ex-wife. (The former couple finalized their divorce in 2009 after 10 years of marriage.)
"I don't have a relationship with Kate. There is no relationship. Text and email. That's it," Gosselin told Anderson, noting that it's been that way for four years. The two don't even cross paths when Gosselin goes to pick up their children. "The nanny comes out and I exchange the kids at her gate or at the bus stop," he explained. "I don't physically see her."
Gosselin also noted that he does not pay any type of child support to his ex. "[Kate and I] both support [the children] financially because she takes care of school and all that stuff, but I take care of the exact same things she takes care of," he said. "I buy their own groceries. They have their own groceries at my house, their own bedrooms, their own stuff. It's doubled."
As previously reported, Gosselin now lives in a cabin in the woods with no TV or Internet. "I've hit rock bottom like 20 times, and then I just bounce back and go somewhere else," he told Anderson.
After his family's TLC reality show came to an end in 2011, the onetime "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star struggled to find work. These days, he's waiting tables at the Black Dog restaurant in Beckersville, Pa.
"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'" Gosselin, 36, said of taking the job. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well, it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me. ... They're like, 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite