Jon Gosselin says he doesn't pay child support, has 'no relationship' with ex-wife Kate Gosselin
- Photo: AB1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: WENN2 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional3 of 9
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In JuneMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:57:00 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Spins $47 Million in Overseas Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:55:00 AM
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, Subject of Oscar-Nominated Film, Dead at 76MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:26:00 AM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Rides Faith-Based Wave to Big Easter Score at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:13:00 AM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In June
What a difference four years makes. There was a time, not that long ago, when you couldn't mention Jon Gosselin without also mentioning his then-wife, Kate Gosselin. They were a unit: Jon and Kate, plus their eight young children. These days, though, the two lead completely separate lives.
In a new interview with "Entertainment Tonight" anchor Brooke Anderson, Gosselin opens up about the nature of his interactions, or lack thereof, with his now-ex-wife. (The former couple finalized their divorce in 2009 after 10 years of marriage.)
"I don't have a relationship with Kate. There is no relationship. Text and email. That's it," Gosselin told Anderson, noting that it's been that way for four years. The two don't even cross paths when Gosselin goes to pick up their children. "The nanny comes out and I exchange the kids at her gate or at the bus stop," he explained. "I don't physically see her."
Gosselin also noted that he does not pay any type of child support to his ex. "[Kate and I] both support [the children] financially because she takes care of school and all that stuff, but I take care of the exact same things she takes care of," he said. "I buy their own groceries. They have their own groceries at my house, their own bedrooms, their own stuff. It's doubled."
As previously reported, Gosselin now lives in a cabin in the woods with no TV or Internet. "I've hit rock bottom like 20 times, and then I just bounce back and go somewhere else," he told Anderson.
After his family's TLC reality show came to an end in 2011, the onetime "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star struggled to find work. These days, he's waiting tables at the Black Dog restaurant in Beckersville, Pa.
"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'" Gosselin, 36, said of taking the job. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well, it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me. ... They're like, 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite