Jon Gosselin Today: Waiter and Cabin Dweller
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin1 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Starsurf/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: StClair/Macpherson/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Amelie Mucci/LE/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Prahl/Rockes/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Jon Gosselin today is a far cry from the $1.3 million home-dwelling dad of eight featured on TLC's massively popular "Jon & Kate Plus 8." ET's Brooke Anderson recently caught up with the former reality star in his home state of Pennsylvania where he is currently waiting tables and living the simple life in his cabin in the wilderness.
In the aftermath of his messy divorce and the conclusion of "Jon & Kate," Jon says he found it nearly "impossible" to re-enter the work force. This, consequently, led to his current gig serving patrons at local restaurant Black Dog.
"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'," explains Jon of his initial hesitancy to take the job. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me … they're like 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"
Candid about his less-than-enviable situation, Jon tells ET he has no regrets about signing up for "Jon & Kate."
"I don't regret anything," the 36-year-old reveals. "You learn from your mistakes. That's what builds you to who you are today."
With his income from the restaurant, Jon lives without the luxuries of Internet or television. Though he's hit rock bottom "about 20 times" since his high-profile split, he says he is happy making the most of what he's got.
"I [party] now on a different level," he tells ET.
Tune in to "Entertainment Tonight" on Thursday for more from the former reality star, including an update on his family life and troubled relationship with Kate.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite