Jon Gosselin Today: Waiter and Cabin Dweller
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin1 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Starsurf/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: StClair/Macpherson/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Amelie Mucci/LE/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Prahl/Rockes/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Jon Gosselin today is a far cry from the $1.3 million home-dwelling dad of eight featured on TLC's massively popular "Jon & Kate Plus 8." ET's Brooke Anderson recently caught up with the former reality star in his home state of Pennsylvania where he is currently waiting tables and living the simple life in his cabin in the wilderness.
In the aftermath of his messy divorce and the conclusion of "Jon & Kate," Jon says he found it nearly "impossible" to re-enter the work force. This, consequently, led to his current gig serving patrons at local restaurant Black Dog.
"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'," explains Jon of his initial hesitancy to take the job. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me … they're like 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"
Candid about his less-than-enviable situation, Jon tells ET he has no regrets about signing up for "Jon & Kate."
"I don't regret anything," the 36-year-old reveals. "You learn from your mistakes. That's what builds you to who you are today."
With his income from the restaurant, Jon lives without the luxuries of Internet or television. Though he's hit rock bottom "about 20 times" since his high-profile split, he says he is happy making the most of what he's got.
"I [party] now on a different level," he tells ET.
Tune in to "Entertainment Tonight" on Thursday for more from the former reality star, including an update on his family life and troubled relationship with Kate.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite