Jon Gosselin Today: Waiter and Cabin Dweller
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin1 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Starsurf/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: StClair/Macpherson/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Amelie Mucci/LE/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Prahl/Rockes/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Jon Gosselin today is a far cry from the $1.3 million home-dwelling dad of eight featured on TLC's massively popular "Jon & Kate Plus 8." ET's Brooke Anderson recently caught up with the former reality star in his home state of Pennsylvania where he is currently waiting tables and living the simple life in his cabin in the wilderness.
In the aftermath of his messy divorce and the conclusion of "Jon & Kate," Jon says he found it nearly "impossible" to re-enter the work force. This, consequently, led to his current gig serving patrons at local restaurant Black Dog.
"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'," explains Jon of his initial hesitancy to take the job. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me … they're like 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"
Candid about his less-than-enviable situation, Jon tells ET he has no regrets about signing up for "Jon & Kate."
"I don't regret anything," the 36-year-old reveals. "You learn from your mistakes. That's what builds you to who you are today."
With his income from the restaurant, Jon lives without the luxuries of Internet or television. Though he's hit rock bottom "about 20 times" since his high-profile split, he says he is happy making the most of what he's got.
"I [party] now on a different level," he tells ET.
Tune in to "Entertainment Tonight" on Thursday for more from the former reality star, including an update on his family life and troubled relationship with Kate.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite