Jon Hamm dishes out advice to teenage girls
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Esquire3 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: C Magazine/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: © Byron Purvis / AdMedia //Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: KU Alumni Association/.14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
"Mad Men" star Jon Hamm has turned advice columnist by dishing out consultations on everything from dating and sex to fashion in a new video blog aimed at teenage girls.
The actor, who plays smooth advertising executive Don Draper in the hit TV show, recorded a short film for Rookiemag.com's Ask a Grown Man blog spot, in which adults answer questions sent in by young female readers.
Hamm starts by responding to "Britney, age 16-ish," who asked what she should do about a boy who asks her out on a date one day but later changes his mind. He says, "Give the guy a break, maybe he changed his mind, maybe you changed your mind ... The world's your oyster... If the guy doesn'tt want to get with you, don't sweat it. There's a lot of guys out there."
Hamm then moves on to fashion by answering a question from another girl about whether "guys care about a girl's style," telling her, "Guys have opinions like anybody, but you should have your own style. Dress how you feel comfortable in what you feel is your own particular style -- what you like."
He also addressed the tricky topic of whether a girl should break wind in front of her boyfriend, telling the anonymous reader, "I was under the impression that girls never farted so I don't feel like I am capable of handling this. Of course ... farting is farting. Everybody farts. Go and read that book 'Everybody Poops.' It's the same thing."
RELATED: Fashion Face-Off: Mad Men
He finished the blog by writing, "Well, these have been my five questions. I hope I've been helpful. I'm 41 years old. It doesn't mean you have to pay attention to me. You're probably all too young to watch 'Mad Men,' so I don't know. Enjoy 'The Hunger Games.'"
Actor Paul Rudd previously filmed a similar installment of the Ask a Grown Man series.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite