Jon Hamm hosting party for Emmy losers
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: SPH/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Patriot Pics/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: Harry Pluviose / Retna Ltd./Wonderwall5 of 10
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images North America6 of 10
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.7 of 10
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Wonderwall8 of 10
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' Pilot
"Mad Men" star Jon Hamm is hosting a special party for the Emmy Award losers to cheer them up after Sunday night's ceremony.
Hamm is nominated in the category for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of Don Draper in "Mad Men," but he is not expecting to win after having lost out on the trophy five times in previous years.
RELATED: Fashion Face-off: Emmy nominees
He has now decided to team up with another former Emmy loser, Amy Poehler, to host a party for everyone who misses out.
RELATED: Countdown: Best-Dressed Emmy Couples
Hamm tells Eonline.com, "We figured that the winners get celebrated enough so we thought it was about time that the losers get celebrated. And Poehler and I are friends from a long time ago and every year when we would lose the Emmy we would kind of wink at each other and call each other loser for the rest of the night... We called it the Losers Lounge because nobody that was there won and it kind of stuck. We were like, 'That was a really fun party. We should do that again, but we should do it bigger and better and invite our friends who aren't going to win either and we'll have a good time with it.'"
Winners will only be allowed to attend the bash if they leave their Emmy Award at the door and make a $1,000 donation to charity.
Hamm faces competition from Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad"), Hugh Bonneville ("Downton Abbey"), Damian Lewis ("Homeland"), Kevin Spacey ("House Of Cards") and Jeff Daniels ("The Newsroom").
Poehler is contention for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in "Parks and Recreation."
The awards will be handed out at a ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday night.
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite