Jon Hamm addresses upcoming vocal cord procedure: 'I'm fine'
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Patriot Pics/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: RD / Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Apollo/Zeus/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Jon Hamm says he's "fine" despite an upcoming procedure to remove a polyp on his vocal cords.
RELATED: Jon Hamm at the Emmys
"It's a simple injury," said a raspy-sounding Hamm in an interview Thursday. "Something that develops on your vocal cord from overuse because I talk a lot."
"Other than that, believe it or not, I'm healthy as a horse. Hoarse, get it?" he joked.
Hamm's publicist, Erica Gray, said he will undergo a routine outpatient procedure.
The condition hasn't slowed down the 42-year-old "Mad Men" star, who was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series at Sunday's Emmy Awards. Hamm lost to Jeff Daniels of the HBO drama "The Newsroom."
"I'm OK with the results. I'm super-happy that Jeff won. I think his work is phenomenal," Hamm said. "I'm unabashed in my fandom for television, so I had a great Emmys. I like going there and seeing a bunch of people and seeing my friends and it was fun. I got to present with Alec Baldwin. How fun is that?"
RELATED: Hunkiest duos
Ever the good sport, Hamm and actress Amy Poehler decided to throw a party for Emmy losers. To gain entry, winners were required to leave their trophies at the door and make a $1,000 donation to charity.
Much to Hamm's surprise, it was his new facial hair that made headlines the following day.
"I was out of the country and out of town for like four and a half months working, and I was tired and so I came home and I was like, 'I'm not going to do anything. I'm not going to even shave,'" he said of his new full-bearded look. "I guess that constitutes news."
Part of his time abroad included filming the second season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" in the U.K.
The miniseries, which also stars Daniel Radcliffe, is based on a collection of short stories by Russian playwright Mikhail Bulgakov.
"The show itself is very dark, but darkly comic and gory and fun," Hamm said. "It's not going to get the audience that watches 'Honey Boo-Boo,' which is fine."
The first season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" premieres Oct. 2 on Ovation.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite