Jon Hamm addresses upcoming vocal cord procedure: 'I'm fine'
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Patriot Pics/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: RD / Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Apollo/Zeus/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Jon Hamm says he's "fine" despite an upcoming procedure to remove a polyp on his vocal cords.
RELATED: Jon Hamm at the Emmys
"It's a simple injury," said a raspy-sounding Hamm in an interview Thursday. "Something that develops on your vocal cord from overuse because I talk a lot."
"Other than that, believe it or not, I'm healthy as a horse. Hoarse, get it?" he joked.
Hamm's publicist, Erica Gray, said he will undergo a routine outpatient procedure.
The condition hasn't slowed down the 42-year-old "Mad Men" star, who was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series at Sunday's Emmy Awards. Hamm lost to Jeff Daniels of the HBO drama "The Newsroom."
"I'm OK with the results. I'm super-happy that Jeff won. I think his work is phenomenal," Hamm said. "I'm unabashed in my fandom for television, so I had a great Emmys. I like going there and seeing a bunch of people and seeing my friends and it was fun. I got to present with Alec Baldwin. How fun is that?"
RELATED: Hunkiest duos
Ever the good sport, Hamm and actress Amy Poehler decided to throw a party for Emmy losers. To gain entry, winners were required to leave their trophies at the door and make a $1,000 donation to charity.
Much to Hamm's surprise, it was his new facial hair that made headlines the following day.
"I was out of the country and out of town for like four and a half months working, and I was tired and so I came home and I was like, 'I'm not going to do anything. I'm not going to even shave,'" he said of his new full-bearded look. "I guess that constitutes news."
Part of his time abroad included filming the second season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" in the U.K.
The miniseries, which also stars Daniel Radcliffe, is based on a collection of short stories by Russian playwright Mikhail Bulgakov.
"The show itself is very dark, but darkly comic and gory and fun," Hamm said. "It's not going to get the audience that watches 'Honey Boo-Boo,' which is fine."
The first season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" premieres Oct. 2 on Ovation.
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite