Jon to Kate: Get Back to a Normal Life
- Photo: AB1/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: NC1/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 13
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.5 of 13
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Three Kings/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Mike DiSciullo/Bauer-Griffin12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
By Mary Kosearas
With the end of "Kate Plus 8" around the corner, former reality star Jon Gosselin has some choice words for his ex-wife. "Reality TV is not a career," he told RumorFix in a recent interview. "Get back to a normal life, a simple life. Provide for your family."
After a very public divorce from Kate on the show in 2009, Jon took some advice of his own and found a career as a computer support engineer, which he currently does today.
Jon's strong words come in response to People's cover story about Kate's TLC show cancellation, which means her main income stream is drying up. Kate claims, "I'm really scared."
Jon has a much different view on the financial situation of his ex-wife. "Things will work out the way they should work out," he tells RumorFix. "Obviously there are families out there that have several kids -- people work normal jobs and things work out. Everything is possible."
Jon is also responding with little sympathy towards Kate's remarks to People regarding her fears that she may have to downgrade from her Pennsylvania farm home to a smaller house now that she won't have the income generated from her reality show. Kate tells People, "I told them [her children] I will work my fingers to the bone to make sure that they can stay here and go to their school." Jon retorts, “I don't have a farm on 24 acres and the kids seem to have a great time at my house.”
"I go to work every day and provide for my family," he tells RumorFix. "I spend time with my kids -- spend time on the weekends. I spend time with the girlfriend I've had for over a year now. And enjoy a normal lifestyle."
The last episode of "Kate Plus 8" airs Sept. 12 on TLC, and you can watch the rest of the interview with Jon at Rumorfix.com.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite