Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fined for Threatening to Kill French Policemen
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: BM1/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: KWAA/ZDS/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall7 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: 893/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Jonathan Rhys Meyers' aggressive antics have finally caught up with him.
A French court ordered "The Tudors" star, 34, to pay a 1,000 euro (about $1,300) fine and gave him a one-month suspended sentence Wednesday, two years after he was charged with drunken and disorderly conduct and threatened to kill three police officers.
In June 2009, Meyers was arrested at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris after he struck a bartender and threatened to pay to get someone to kill three police officers and their families.
Once he sobered up, the actor apologized to officers and cited alcoholism as a reason for his outburst. The Parisian court said that Meyers had compensated his victims.
At Wednesday's sentencing -- for which Meyers was not present -- the actor's lawyer painted him as a "weak person" who "suffers ... from his demons." Asking the court to dismiss the charges, lawyer Vincent Toledano said Meyers was "a fragile man."
In the summer of 2011, Meyers underwent a brief rehab stay, and relapsed shortly after his release. While reports say the actor attempted suicide by swallowing pills, his rep denied the claims to Us Weekly. "It was not a suicide attempt," the rep said in June. "He did relapse and was hospitalized for that, but was released."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite