Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fined for Threatening to Kill French Policemen
- Photo: BM1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KWAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: 893/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Jonathan Rhys Meyers' aggressive antics have finally caught up with him.
A French court ordered "The Tudors" star, 34, to pay a 1,000 euro (about $1,300) fine and gave him a one-month suspended sentence Wednesday, two years after he was charged with drunken and disorderly conduct and threatened to kill three police officers.
In June 2009, Meyers was arrested at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris after he struck a bartender and threatened to pay to get someone to kill three police officers and their families.
Once he sobered up, the actor apologized to officers and cited alcoholism as a reason for his outburst. The Parisian court said that Meyers had compensated his victims.
At Wednesday's sentencing -- for which Meyers was not present -- the actor's lawyer painted him as a "weak person" who "suffers ... from his demons." Asking the court to dismiss the charges, lawyer Vincent Toledano said Meyers was "a fragile man."
In the summer of 2011, Meyers underwent a brief rehab stay, and relapsed shortly after his release. While reports say the actor attempted suicide by swallowing pills, his rep denied the claims to Us Weekly. "It was not a suicide attempt," the rep said in June. "He did relapse and was hospitalized for that, but was released."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite