Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fined for Threatening to Kill French Policemen
- Photo: BM1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KWAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: 893/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
Jonathan Rhys Meyers' aggressive antics have finally caught up with him.
A French court ordered "The Tudors" star, 34, to pay a 1,000 euro (about $1,300) fine and gave him a one-month suspended sentence Wednesday, two years after he was charged with drunken and disorderly conduct and threatened to kill three police officers.
In June 2009, Meyers was arrested at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris after he struck a bartender and threatened to pay to get someone to kill three police officers and their families.
Once he sobered up, the actor apologized to officers and cited alcoholism as a reason for his outburst. The Parisian court said that Meyers had compensated his victims.
At Wednesday's sentencing -- for which Meyers was not present -- the actor's lawyer painted him as a "weak person" who "suffers ... from his demons." Asking the court to dismiss the charges, lawyer Vincent Toledano said Meyers was "a fragile man."
In the summer of 2011, Meyers underwent a brief rehab stay, and relapsed shortly after his release. While reports say the actor attempted suicide by swallowing pills, his rep denied the claims to Us Weekly. "It was not a suicide attempt," the rep said in June. "He did relapse and was hospitalized for that, but was released."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite