Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fined for Threatening to Kill French Policemen
- Photo: BM1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KWAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: 893/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Jonathan Rhys Meyers' aggressive antics have finally caught up with him.
A French court ordered "The Tudors" star, 34, to pay a 1,000 euro (about $1,300) fine and gave him a one-month suspended sentence Wednesday, two years after he was charged with drunken and disorderly conduct and threatened to kill three police officers.
In June 2009, Meyers was arrested at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris after he struck a bartender and threatened to pay to get someone to kill three police officers and their families.
Once he sobered up, the actor apologized to officers and cited alcoholism as a reason for his outburst. The Parisian court said that Meyers had compensated his victims.
At Wednesday's sentencing -- for which Meyers was not present -- the actor's lawyer painted him as a "weak person" who "suffers ... from his demons." Asking the court to dismiss the charges, lawyer Vincent Toledano said Meyers was "a fragile man."
In the summer of 2011, Meyers underwent a brief rehab stay, and relapsed shortly after his release. While reports say the actor attempted suicide by swallowing pills, his rep denied the claims to Us Weekly. "It was not a suicide attempt," the rep said in June. "He did relapse and was hospitalized for that, but was released."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite