Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fined for Threatening to Kill French Policemen
- Photo: BM1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KWAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: 893/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Rocke/Turgeon/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Jonathan Rhys Meyers' aggressive antics have finally caught up with him.
A French court ordered "The Tudors" star, 34, to pay a 1,000 euro (about $1,300) fine and gave him a one-month suspended sentence Wednesday, two years after he was charged with drunken and disorderly conduct and threatened to kill three police officers.
In June 2009, Meyers was arrested at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris after he struck a bartender and threatened to pay to get someone to kill three police officers and their families.
Once he sobered up, the actor apologized to officers and cited alcoholism as a reason for his outburst. The Parisian court said that Meyers had compensated his victims.
At Wednesday's sentencing -- for which Meyers was not present -- the actor's lawyer painted him as a "weak person" who "suffers ... from his demons." Asking the court to dismiss the charges, lawyer Vincent Toledano said Meyers was "a fragile man."
In the summer of 2011, Meyers underwent a brief rehab stay, and relapsed shortly after his release. While reports say the actor attempted suicide by swallowing pills, his rep denied the claims to Us Weekly. "It was not a suicide attempt," the rep said in June. "He did relapse and was hospitalized for that, but was released."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite