Joy Behar: Why I Finally Got Married After 29 Years
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Twitpic.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Gina James / Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films Down
Joy Behar waited 29 years to become a lawfully wedded bride - what took her so long?
When "The View" premiered Tuesday, the 68-year-old explained why she and longtime love Steve Janowitz decided to tie the knot in New York City on August 11.
At first, Behar regaled the audience with her top 10 reasons for getting hitched, which included feeling "embarrassed asking about senior discounts for her 'boyfriend," being "sick of Barbara Walters bugging [me] to get married," and because she "is hoping to get on the cover of Brides Magazine AARP edition."
PHOTOS: Stars and their soulmates
All kidding aside, Behar said that she and Janowitz decided to make things official once gay marriage became legal in New York.
"It did have an influence on me. It brought to my consciousness why gays needed to get married," she said. "And I thought it was a good reason for me to get married. And so did Steve, so we did it."
PHOTOS: Gorgeous celebrity weddings
Oh, and there was one other reason, too: "If he was going to get down on one knee, I wanted it be during the time when he could still get up from one knee!"
"The View" co-host was previously married to Joe Behar from 1965-1981. They have one daughter, Eve, who was born in 1970.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite