Joy Behar: Why I Finally Got Married After 29 Years
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Twitpic.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Gina James / Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are working on their honeymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
Joy Behar waited 29 years to become a lawfully wedded bride - what took her so long?
When "The View" premiered Tuesday, the 68-year-old explained why she and longtime love Steve Janowitz decided to tie the knot in New York City on August 11.
At first, Behar regaled the audience with her top 10 reasons for getting hitched, which included feeling "embarrassed asking about senior discounts for her 'boyfriend," being "sick of Barbara Walters bugging [me] to get married," and because she "is hoping to get on the cover of Brides Magazine AARP edition."
PHOTOS: Stars and their soulmates
All kidding aside, Behar said that she and Janowitz decided to make things official once gay marriage became legal in New York.
"It did have an influence on me. It brought to my consciousness why gays needed to get married," she said. "And I thought it was a good reason for me to get married. And so did Steve, so we did it."
PHOTOS: Gorgeous celebrity weddings
Oh, and there was one other reason, too: "If he was going to get down on one knee, I wanted it be during the time when he could still get up from one knee!"
"The View" co-host was previously married to Joe Behar from 1965-1981. They have one daughter, Eve, who was born in 1970.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite