Joy Behar: Why I Finally Got Married After 29 Years
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Twitpic.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Gina James / Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Joy Behar waited 29 years to become a lawfully wedded bride - what took her so long?
When "The View" premiered Tuesday, the 68-year-old explained why she and longtime love Steve Janowitz decided to tie the knot in New York City on August 11.
At first, Behar regaled the audience with her top 10 reasons for getting hitched, which included feeling "embarrassed asking about senior discounts for her 'boyfriend," being "sick of Barbara Walters bugging [me] to get married," and because she "is hoping to get on the cover of Brides Magazine AARP edition."
PHOTOS: Stars and their soulmates
All kidding aside, Behar said that she and Janowitz decided to make things official once gay marriage became legal in New York.
"It did have an influence on me. It brought to my consciousness why gays needed to get married," she said. "And I thought it was a good reason for me to get married. And so did Steve, so we did it."
PHOTOS: Gorgeous celebrity weddings
Oh, and there was one other reason, too: "If he was going to get down on one knee, I wanted it be during the time when he could still get up from one knee!"
"The View" co-host was previously married to Joe Behar from 1965-1981. They have one daughter, Eve, who was born in 1970.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite