Judge: Abercrombie shirt not 'Situation' violation
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News1 of 19
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: SI1/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: DCA/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: DCA/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Nick Spaloss/Pacific Coast News11 of 19
- Photo: CS5/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 19
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin16 of 19
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital17 of 19
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Ariana Grande on 'Problem,' Bieber, horror filmsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:18:53 AM
- Indiegogo Launches New iPhone AppMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan WebisodesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90
MIAMI (AP) -- A federal judge in Florida says Abercrombie & Fitch Co. didn't violate trademark rules by producing a shirt playing on the nickname of Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino of TV's "Jersey Shore."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
Sorrentino's company sued the clothing company in 2011 over its shirt containing the phrase "The Fitchuation." Sorrentino claimed that amounted to trademark infringement and other violations of his nickname, which is based on his abdominal muscles.
But U.S. Magistrate Judge John O'Sullivan recently ruled for Abercrombie and tossed the case. O'Sullivan concluded that the company marketed the shirt as a parody and that Sorrentino's company didn't start selling its own shirt until later. And the judge found the products are not the same and thus can't confuse consumers.
"Jersey Shore" ran on MTV for six seasons, ending last December.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite