Judge: Abercrombie shirt not 'Situation' violation
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News1 of 19
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: SI1/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: DCA/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: DCA/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Nick Spaloss/Pacific Coast News11 of 19
- Photo: CS5/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 19
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin16 of 19
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital17 of 19
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
MIAMI (AP) -- A federal judge in Florida says Abercrombie & Fitch Co. didn't violate trademark rules by producing a shirt playing on the nickname of Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino of TV's "Jersey Shore."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
Sorrentino's company sued the clothing company in 2011 over its shirt containing the phrase "The Fitchuation." Sorrentino claimed that amounted to trademark infringement and other violations of his nickname, which is based on his abdominal muscles.
But U.S. Magistrate Judge John O'Sullivan recently ruled for Abercrombie and tossed the case. O'Sullivan concluded that the company marketed the shirt as a parody and that Sorrentino's company didn't start selling its own shirt until later. And the judge found the products are not the same and thus can't confuse consumers.
"Jersey Shore" ran on MTV for six seasons, ending last December.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite