Judge Judy settles china lawsuit
- Photo: IZ2/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: DAMIAN DOVARGANES/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Judge Judy has ended a legal spat over used china by handing the goods back, just days after she was hit with a lawsuit over the collection.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The TV judge, real name Judith Sheindlin, was accused of buying pricey Christofle tableware worth more than $500,000 from her show's producer Randy Douthit for a bargain $50,000, without his estranged wife Patric Jones' consent. Jones sued Sheindlin for punitive damages and demanded the return of the china or payment to cover the difference, but the former family court judge has decided to hand back the plates and walk away from the feud.
In a statement released to TMZ, Judge Judy says, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband (sic) and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me. She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."
RELATED: Jude Law sues fireplace company
Sheindlin appears to suggest she has not been compensated for the $50,000 she paid, adding, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court. Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite