Judge Judy settles china lawsuit
- Photo: IZ2/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: DAMIAN DOVARGANES/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Judge Judy has ended a legal spat over used china by handing the goods back, just days after she was hit with a lawsuit over the collection.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The TV judge, real name Judith Sheindlin, was accused of buying pricey Christofle tableware worth more than $500,000 from her show's producer Randy Douthit for a bargain $50,000, without his estranged wife Patric Jones' consent. Jones sued Sheindlin for punitive damages and demanded the return of the china or payment to cover the difference, but the former family court judge has decided to hand back the plates and walk away from the feud.
In a statement released to TMZ, Judge Judy says, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband (sic) and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me. She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."
RELATED: Jude Law sues fireplace company
Sheindlin appears to suggest she has not been compensated for the $50,000 she paid, adding, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court. Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time.
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite