Judge Judy settles china lawsuit
- Photo: IZ2/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: DAMIAN DOVARGANES/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Judge Judy has ended a legal spat over used china by handing the goods back, just days after she was hit with a lawsuit over the collection.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The TV judge, real name Judith Sheindlin, was accused of buying pricey Christofle tableware worth more than $500,000 from her show's producer Randy Douthit for a bargain $50,000, without his estranged wife Patric Jones' consent. Jones sued Sheindlin for punitive damages and demanded the return of the china or payment to cover the difference, but the former family court judge has decided to hand back the plates and walk away from the feud.
In a statement released to TMZ, Judge Judy says, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband (sic) and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me. She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."
RELATED: Jude Law sues fireplace company
Sheindlin appears to suggest she has not been compensated for the $50,000 she paid, adding, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court. Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite