Judge Judy settles china lawsuit
- Photo: IZ2/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: DAMIAN DOVARGANES/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Judge Judy has ended a legal spat over used china by handing the goods back, just days after she was hit with a lawsuit over the collection.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The TV judge, real name Judith Sheindlin, was accused of buying pricey Christofle tableware worth more than $500,000 from her show's producer Randy Douthit for a bargain $50,000, without his estranged wife Patric Jones' consent. Jones sued Sheindlin for punitive damages and demanded the return of the china or payment to cover the difference, but the former family court judge has decided to hand back the plates and walk away from the feud.
In a statement released to TMZ, Judge Judy says, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband (sic) and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me. She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."
RELATED: Jude Law sues fireplace company
Sheindlin appears to suggest she has not been compensated for the $50,000 she paid, adding, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court. Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time.
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite