Judge Warns Amanda Bynes to Stay Out of Trouble or Face Jail
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 10
- Photo: WENN2 of 10
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.3 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital7 of 10
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
A Los Angeles judge overseeing Amanda Bynes' hit-and-run case has given the embattled actress a stern warning: stay out of trouble or face jail time.
Her driver's license was suspended on Sept. 12 after a string of traffic troubles, including a DUI charge and two counts of hit-and-run, but she ignored the ban and was back on the road the following day, when she was involved in a minor fender bender.
The 26-year-old was caught behind the wheel again on Sunday when she was pulled over by Burbank, Calif., police, who issued her a ticket for getting behind the wheel with a suspended license and impounded her black BMW 5-series.
Prosecutors appealed to Judge Elden Fox to impose $50,000 bail on Bynes following her additional legal issues, claiming she posed a risk to the public, but her lawyer headed to court on Wednesday to argue the request.
RELATED: Is Amanda Bynes Motoring Into Rehab?
Judge Fox sided with Bynes' representative and denied the motion for bail as the star's most recent hit-and-run charge occurred on Aug. 4, when she was still allowed to drive.
He stated, "Technically, Ms. Bynes is not in violation of [an] order not to drive without a valid driver's license."
However, the judge made it clear that Bynes would face strict punishment if she was pulled over by traffic cops again and warned her lawyer she would face a much higher bail than the $50,000 proposed.
Bynes is due to stand trial for the DUI and hit-and-run charges on Oct. 29.
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite