Judge Warns Amanda Bynes to Stay Out of Trouble or Face Jail
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 10
- Photo: WENN2 of 10
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.3 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital7 of 10
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
A Los Angeles judge overseeing Amanda Bynes' hit-and-run case has given the embattled actress a stern warning: stay out of trouble or face jail time.
Her driver's license was suspended on Sept. 12 after a string of traffic troubles, including a DUI charge and two counts of hit-and-run, but she ignored the ban and was back on the road the following day, when she was involved in a minor fender bender.
The 26-year-old was caught behind the wheel again on Sunday when she was pulled over by Burbank, Calif., police, who issued her a ticket for getting behind the wheel with a suspended license and impounded her black BMW 5-series.
Prosecutors appealed to Judge Elden Fox to impose $50,000 bail on Bynes following her additional legal issues, claiming she posed a risk to the public, but her lawyer headed to court on Wednesday to argue the request.
RELATED: Is Amanda Bynes Motoring Into Rehab?
Judge Fox sided with Bynes' representative and denied the motion for bail as the star's most recent hit-and-run charge occurred on Aug. 4, when she was still allowed to drive.
He stated, "Technically, Ms. Bynes is not in violation of [an] order not to drive without a valid driver's license."
However, the judge made it clear that Bynes would face strict punishment if she was pulled over by traffic cops again and warned her lawyer she would face a much higher bail than the $50,000 proposed.
Bynes is due to stand trial for the DUI and hit-and-run charges on Oct. 29.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite