Julianne Hough: I Look Better Blonde
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts NYPD Blue Alum as Felicity's MomMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Review: James Cameron's Voyage to the Bottom of thMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'The Quest' Debuts WeakMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 8:39:00 AM
- What's Next After 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 11 More Offbeat Marvel HeroeMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 8:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Blasts Off With Super $11.2 Million Box Office Thursday MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 7:57:00 AM
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts NYPD Blue Alum as Felicity's Mom
"I was a towhead until I was probably 17 when I started dying my hair. Now I don't even know what I am," she told Us Thursday at a Proactiv event in NYC.
Clad in a David Meister dress and Ferragamo platforms, the dancer/singer/actress said she often fantasizes about what she'd look like if she'd never switched up her 'do.
"I would never do this, but I would love to shave my head and start over and have my own naturally-colored, healthy, beautiful hair," she laughed. "But in the meantime, I'll just try to take care of it."
The 22-year-old "Burlesque" beauty -- who's currently dating Ryan Seacrest -- admitted that maintaining her mane is one of her biggest beauty splurges.
"It costs a lot of money to get your hair done -- it's not cheap -- but you don't want to ruin it, and you want you go to the best person and the person who's going to keep it healthy," Hough said.
Who's the woman behind the starlet's ever-evolving look? Colorist Tracey Cunningham, who Hough boasts is "actually a really good price considering how many people she does and how great she is. She's amazing."
When she isn't tending to her tresses or prepping for a red carpet event, Hough said her beauty routine is fairly simple.
"The Proactiv refining mask is probably my favorite thing. I have it everywhere -- t always works!" she told Us. "When I'm not working, I never blow-dry my hair. I go to sleep with my hair wet so that there's no heat or anything on my hair. I never wear makeup, and if I do it's just concealer for my eyes and that's it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite