Julianne Hough on Mark Ballas 'Dancing With the Stars' Feud: I Didn't Mean to 'Dis Anybody'
- Photo: BEImages/Jim Smeal/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: AP Images/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: Phamous/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
After a supposedly tense week, it looks like the "Dancing With the Stars" feud between this week's guest judge and former dance pro Julianne Hough and current dance pro Mark Ballas may be over.
Us Weekly caught up with Hough at a press event for her new movie "Paradise," where she talked about her critique of Ballas' performance with dance partner Christina Milian.
The 25-year-old actress told her childhood friend, "There were moments where I felt like choreography-wise, I felt like it was two people dancing side-by-side rather than together. So I really want to see [Milian] shine. I've danced with Mark. You have to stand in front to make sure you're seen."
Hough stands by her comments, saying she didn't intend to offend Ballas or anyone else.
"I loved being on the show again and being a judge because I feel like that's where it all started for me and it's where I'm really comfortable being able to talk and critique," she told Us. "I judge the same way I teach so it all comes from love. It's not to diss anybody. It's not to hurt anybody's feelings. It's about constructive criticism so that they can get better for next week and that was not a direct attack to anybody."
Despite Ballas calling Hough's comments "hypocritical" and a source telling Us that he was "furious" with the critique, Hough revealed that they went out to dinner that same night.
"I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it," she continued.
Julianne and her brother Derek Hough (a current dance pro on 'DWTS') trained with Ballas and his famous parents -- Shirley and Corky -- in London as children. Hough and Ballas even competed together in the Junior Olympics.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite