Julianne Hough on Mark Ballas 'Dancing With the Stars' Feud: I Didn't Mean to 'Dis Anybody'
- Photo: BEImages/Jim Smeal/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: AP Images/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: Phamous/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Inside President Obama's Funny or Die VideoMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew Weiner
After a supposedly tense week, it looks like the "Dancing With the Stars" feud between this week's guest judge and former dance pro Julianne Hough and current dance pro Mark Ballas may be over.
Us Weekly caught up with Hough at a press event for her new movie "Paradise," where she talked about her critique of Ballas' performance with dance partner Christina Milian.
The 25-year-old actress told her childhood friend, "There were moments where I felt like choreography-wise, I felt like it was two people dancing side-by-side rather than together. So I really want to see [Milian] shine. I've danced with Mark. You have to stand in front to make sure you're seen."
Hough stands by her comments, saying she didn't intend to offend Ballas or anyone else.
"I loved being on the show again and being a judge because I feel like that's where it all started for me and it's where I'm really comfortable being able to talk and critique," she told Us. "I judge the same way I teach so it all comes from love. It's not to diss anybody. It's not to hurt anybody's feelings. It's about constructive criticism so that they can get better for next week and that was not a direct attack to anybody."
Despite Ballas calling Hough's comments "hypocritical" and a source telling Us that he was "furious" with the critique, Hough revealed that they went out to dinner that same night.
"I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it," she continued.
Julianne and her brother Derek Hough (a current dance pro on 'DWTS') trained with Ballas and his famous parents -- Shirley and Corky -- in London as children. Hough and Ballas even competed together in the Junior Olympics.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite