Just Wondering: Oh, So Padma Lakshmi's An Actress, Too?Related: Just Wondering
- Photo: Allure1 of 4
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 4
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Bernard Waber, children's author, dies at age 91MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:48:39 PM
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Blue and in the Buff Again for 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' (MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:08:53 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Needs to Get Younger at Box Office - FastMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 12:49:07 PM
- 'The Hangover III' vs. 'Fast & Furious 6' and 4 More of MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 12:48:06 PM
- Worst National Anthem Flub Ever? Canadian Singer Makes Up Nonsensical Lyrics (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 12:31:15 PM
- Bernard Waber, children's author, dies at age 91
By Dana Flax
According to a post on Variety's blog yesterday, "Top Chef" judge Padma Lakshmi has inked a development deal with NBC-owned Universal Media Studios, who will in turn create a half-hour sitcom starring vehicle for her.
"Building on her 'Top Chef' credentials, the show will star Lakshmi as a woman working in the culinary world," Variety reports, adding, "One possible title being mulled: 'Single Serving.'" Um, really, TV?
Lakshmi, whose Bravo-appointed ambiguous "food expert" credential (she's a model, for goodness sake!) makes her just about as qualified to judge a cooking competition as, well, me, seems to get whatever the heck she wants. She may not be the first person to get her own show under obscure pretenses (lookin' at you, Monica Lewinsky), but come on, Padma! Your appetite for fame and riches is about as transparent as the hair on Tom Colicchio's head. (Did I mention she's also a jewelry designer?)
Seriously, did Padma Lakshmi hire an entire nation of publicists to dream up every possible career for her to enter into? What's next: a foray into the wide world of migrant farming? And where's the eau de Lakshmi? Didn't she get the memo about celebrity fragrances? Maybe she should consider "being sultry" as a career. It's what she does best.
Oh, oh, we totally forgot! Padma Lakshmi has a couple choice acting credits of which to boast, including a minor role in the impressive musical trainwreck "Glitter." Can Lakshmi really break out on her own without the guiding sparkle touch of the Mariah Carey hit machine? Will she really look that good to us without a backdrop of consistently faux-hawked, wannabe gourmand minions hanging onto every breathy, instructive word? Only thyme (zing!) will tell.
Maybe there's something I'm missing about Padma. She was married to genius novelist Salman Rushdie for a hot minute, and her name is reasonably fun to pronounce. Still, I must remain skeptical on the matter until further notice; I just can't say that "Glitter" is on heavy rotation in my DVD player.
Oh, and one last thing: Why on earth are the "Top Chef" judges so tough on those poor contestants? They make a mountain out of a misplaced pimento. But that's a whole 'nother fish to fry.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite