- Photo: Matt Symons/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 8
- Photo: Universal Music Group/Hollywood Records/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Universal/Hollywood Records/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: Apega/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 8
- Photo: Clint Brewer / Splash News/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
By Rebecca Silverstein
They grow up so fast, don't they? One day Noah Cyrus is singing duets with Frankie "Bonus" Jonas; the next she's sporting a padded push-up bra that plays peekaboo from underneath a tight, tight tank top. But before you point the finger at Miley for this bad behavior, is her big sister really to blame?
RELATED: Is Miley the new Lindsay?
Sure, Miley's been known to wear revealing clothing. It was just a few weeks ago that she went to dinner with fellow teen star Demi Lovato wearing a see-through shirt. But that doesn't mean she has anything to do with what her little sister wears when she leaves the house.
Maybe it's not her sister that Noah's getting the style inspiration from; maybe it's her mother, Tish Cyrus, who isn't afraid to show skin either, as X17 online points out. Look at this happy family picture: a proud mother and her two young daughters. But how can a little girl learn about dressing modestly when Mom herself wears low-cut, cleavage-baring V-neck T-shirts? And this isn't the first time Noah's come under fire for dressing way too sexy for her age. Last Halloween she and her parents were blasted for Noah's "dominatrix" costume.
RELATED: Edgy celeb kids
Noah's age-inappropriate outfit comes off the heels of another Cyrus controversy. Miley's new music video for "Who Owns My Heart" has been getting major flak, most notably by the Parents Television Council, TMZ reports. In the video, Miley writhes around on her bed without pants and gyrates at a party in barely-there short shorts.
"It is unfortunate that [Miley] would participate in such a sexualized video like this one," PTC president Tim Winter said. "It sends messages to her fan base that are diametrically opposed to everything she has done up to this point. Miley built her fame and fortune entirely on the backs of young girls, and it saddens us that she seems so eager to distance herself from that fan base so rapidly." The PTC seems a little behind on this issue: Miley's been doing all she contractually can to distance herself from her "Hannah Montana" image for over a year.
Here's the bottom line, Cyrus family: Your kids need to be clothed. There are poor, starving children around the world who wear more than your offspring do. Take advantage of the fortune your golden child has raked in and buy your brood age-appropriate wardrobes, not outfits that belong in a strip club.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite