Kardashian Divorce Unlikely to Be Final This Year
- Photo: INB/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: DHJ/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks9 of 15
- Photo: INB/WENN10 of 15
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.12 of 15
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kim Kardashian's divorce has engulfed her family and network.
Attorneys for her estranged husband sought detailed records Wednesday about her reality shows and details of depositions with her mother and her current boyfriend, Kanye West, to prove her 72-day marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries was a fraud.
The legal bickering means it's unlikely the couple will be granted a divorce, or annulment, as Humphries desires, before next year, attorneys and a judge said during a testy hearing.
Kardashian's attorney Laura Wasser accused Humphries' team of overreaching in the effort that has already resulted in $250,000 in legal fees for the model-actress. The acrimony over the breakup led lawyers for Humphries to recently try to serve West with a deposition subpoena -- disguised in a Nordstrom box -- at Kardashian's home.
Humphries' attorney Marshall Waller said the lack of cooperation from West's attorneys and companies that work on Kardashian's reality show were delaying the case. He said it could take a two-week trial if Humphries keeps pursuing an annulment based on fraud.
Waller said at the hearing that he wanted to prove Kardashian had "no intention of proceeding with this marriage. That it was basically a contrivance for the benefit of her show and to make money," he said.
Wasser said the tactic was slowing the legal process and she intended to bill Humphries for her legal fees.
"To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement," Wasser said in the packed courtroom where 18 other cases were to be called. "I am at a loss to figure out what the holdup is. ... It's dragging on, it's clogging resources."
The couple were married last summer in a lavish, star-studded, televised ceremony, but Kardashian soon filed for divorce on Oct. 31. Humphries responded a month later asking for an annulment, claiming the couple's nuptials were based on fraud. He did not lay out specific evidence.
Kardashian is the star of the E! Entertainment Television series "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," the network's top-rated show, averaging more than 3 million viewers in its sixth season.
Superior Court Judge Stephen Moloney said he thinks the case can still be resolved by next May and ordered the attorneys to return for an update on Nov. 28.
RELATED: Kim and Kanye's Matching Style
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite