Kardashian sisters launch legal war with stepmother over leaked diaries
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI2 of 11
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: KR4/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Sun Kissed/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian are suing their stepmother for leaking excerpts from their late father's journal.
RELATED: Kim's tightest looks
Ellen Pearson handed over diary extracts to sister magazines In Touch and Life & Style for an expose on alleged infidelities that ended lawyer Robert Kardashian's marriage to Kris Jenner.
The journal entries detailed Kardashian's feelings about his wife's alleged extra-marital affair.
Now the siblings are suing Pearson claiming the copyrighted property belongs to them, and she had no right in allowing the magazines to publish extracts.
In a lawsuit filed in California on Thursday, the Kardashian sisters and Jenner claim Pearson has engineered a "despicable and unlawful scheme to hold in secret and convert, and now exploit ... private personal and copyright protected" documents.
RELATED: Khloe's hottest looks
According to the complaint, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Kardashian bequeathed the "bulk of his personal tangible and intangible property" to his four children, and, as a result, the diary and family photo albums are "incontestably" their inheritance and property.
The sisters and their mother claim Pearson kept these belongings "with the express intent to one-day capitalize and exploit the valuable property."
The Kardashians insist they had no knowledge of the diary until extracts were published in February, and they have accused Pearson of attempting to "peddle and exploit ... the private and valuable personal papers of Robert Kardashian."
The sisters are suing for conversion and copyright infringement and at least $500,000 in damages, profits, statutory damages, punitive and exemplary damages.
RELATED: Who wore it better: Kim vs. Kourtney
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite