Kardashian sisters launch legal war with stepmother over leaked diaries
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI2 of 11
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: KR4/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Sun Kissed/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian are suing their stepmother for leaking excerpts from their late father's journal.
RELATED: Kim's tightest looks
Ellen Pearson handed over diary extracts to sister magazines In Touch and Life & Style for an expose on alleged infidelities that ended lawyer Robert Kardashian's marriage to Kris Jenner.
The journal entries detailed Kardashian's feelings about his wife's alleged extra-marital affair.
Now the siblings are suing Pearson claiming the copyrighted property belongs to them, and she had no right in allowing the magazines to publish extracts.
In a lawsuit filed in California on Thursday, the Kardashian sisters and Jenner claim Pearson has engineered a "despicable and unlawful scheme to hold in secret and convert, and now exploit ... private personal and copyright protected" documents.
RELATED: Khloe's hottest looks
According to the complaint, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Kardashian bequeathed the "bulk of his personal tangible and intangible property" to his four children, and, as a result, the diary and family photo albums are "incontestably" their inheritance and property.
The sisters and their mother claim Pearson kept these belongings "with the express intent to one-day capitalize and exploit the valuable property."
The Kardashians insist they had no knowledge of the diary until extracts were published in February, and they have accused Pearson of attempting to "peddle and exploit ... the private and valuable personal papers of Robert Kardashian."
The sisters are suing for conversion and copyright infringement and at least $500,000 in damages, profits, statutory damages, punitive and exemplary damages.
RELATED: Who wore it better: Kim vs. Kourtney
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite