Kardashian sisters launch legal war with stepmother over leaked diaries
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI2 of 11
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: KR4/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Sun Kissed/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:59:00 AM
- LA attorney faces suspension over doctored photosMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:17 AM
- Peter Dinklage to Star in Crime Thriller 'The Thicket'MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Cuban salsa singer split between island and USMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:46:45 AM
- Competency hearing slated for boy in artist deathMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:41:47 AM
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian are suing their stepmother for leaking excerpts from their late father's journal.
RELATED: Kim's tightest looks
Ellen Pearson handed over diary extracts to sister magazines In Touch and Life & Style for an expose on alleged infidelities that ended lawyer Robert Kardashian's marriage to Kris Jenner.
The journal entries detailed Kardashian's feelings about his wife's alleged extra-marital affair.
Now the siblings are suing Pearson claiming the copyrighted property belongs to them, and she had no right in allowing the magazines to publish extracts.
In a lawsuit filed in California on Thursday, the Kardashian sisters and Jenner claim Pearson has engineered a "despicable and unlawful scheme to hold in secret and convert, and now exploit ... private personal and copyright protected" documents.
RELATED: Khloe's hottest looks
According to the complaint, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Kardashian bequeathed the "bulk of his personal tangible and intangible property" to his four children, and, as a result, the diary and family photo albums are "incontestably" their inheritance and property.
The sisters and their mother claim Pearson kept these belongings "with the express intent to one-day capitalize and exploit the valuable property."
The Kardashians insist they had no knowledge of the diary until extracts were published in February, and they have accused Pearson of attempting to "peddle and exploit ... the private and valuable personal papers of Robert Kardashian."
The sisters are suing for conversion and copyright infringement and at least $500,000 in damages, profits, statutory damages, punitive and exemplary damages.
RELATED: Who wore it better: Kim vs. Kourtney
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite