Kate Gosselin Frustrated With Lack Of New Reality Show Offers
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Three Kings/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: C. Smith/CS5/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Blue Wasp/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Mike DiSciullo/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: BIW/Fame Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Kate Gosselin finds herself in a similar predicament as many Americans the past few years: Jobless and hating it.
The mother-of-eight is frustrated with the collective yawn she's received from reality TV producers since becoming a free agent last month when her TLC show Kate Plus 8 was canceled, a source told the Huffington Post.
"She has approached many different networks, including pitching a travel show idea to her old network, TLC, but so far no one has said yes," the source said. "She assumed that given her fame, producers and networks would be knocking her over with job offers and is, to say the least, very surprised that she hasn't received a single one."
A reality show casting director told the online paper that Kate might have rough sledding ahead if she expects continued reality riches, as only former Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel has been able to parlay former reality fame into big bucks, via her merchandising empire.
Earlier this month, Kate told The Today Show's Matt Lauer that "at this point, the best opportunity for [my family] would be me continuing on TV as a way to provide for my kids. Something that's exciting and challenging for me has been TV, and I wouldn't be opposed to it."
Kate said she wouldn't hesitate to put her kids on another show "if the right thing came along."
"I think we are all still in agreement with it," she said of another show, adding, "I'm sure you will see my kids again [on TV] at some point."
In the meantime, Kate is keeping an online presence at kateplusmyeight.com.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite