Kate Gosselin: "I'd Work at McDonald's to Support Kids"
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: ABC/Donna Svennevik/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: Team Gosselin/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Brewer / Banks/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Could Kate Gosselin soon be asking if you want fries with that?
Finding alternate work may be necessary now that Jon has halted production on her TLC reality show and left her with just $1,346 (down from $231,000) in a shared bank account, she said.
See photos of Hollywood's ugliest splits
"We're on temporary holding right now. A lot of this stuff is out of my control," she said. "I can tell you that my kids are upset that it's on hold, that the opportunities that they did have. For example, they're supposed to be in New York. We were supposed to come up this weekend and see the Statue of Liberty and they don't understand why we can't do that now. So for myself and the kids, I'm hoping it goes on for the opportunities as well as, obviously, the financial. I mean, essentially, it's my job, and I'm hoping to continue working."
And if it doesn't?
"I do know that no matter what, I know within myself that if I have to work at McDonald's, I will do what it takes to provide for my kids, period," she said.
See adorable photos of the Gosselin kids
Former co-host Lisa Ling, who was guest hosting the show Monday, challenged Kate's desire to keep her kids on TV as they grapple with their parents' split.
"My parents got a divorce. I can't even imagine any of it being on television," Ling said. "I don't see what the problem is with stopping the show or taking the kids off the show for a period of time until things can get resolved ... There have got to be other ways to make money than putting your kids on television."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Eva
From Crowd Ignite