Kate Gosselin: I'm "Saddened and Confused" by Jon's Actions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: ABC/Donna Svennevik/Promotional2 of 11
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Brewer / Banks/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Team Gosselin/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: TLC/.7 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Heidi Gutman / ABC/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: TLC/.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
"I'm saddened and confused by Jon's public media statements," the reality TV mom, 34, says in a statement. "Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids.
"I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn't otherwise have," she continues.
"Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show," her statement concludes. "It appears that Jon's priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being."
TLC also slammed Jon, 32, saying that his latest comments that his eight kids are suffering as a result of the show "are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic."
The show has been suspended, the network said, pending further conversations between both parents.
More on Usmagazine.com:
From Crowd Ignite