Kate Gosselin: I've Been a Victim of 'Adult Bullying'
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: DJDM/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: CAM GRIFFITH/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: NBC/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: DANIEL SHANKEN/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: CouponCabin.com/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Duck Dynasty' Fallout: GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years, Says RepMSNEntertainment 12/19/2013 5:00:50 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Hollywood's Wussiest Moves of the YearMSNEntertainment 12/19/2013 4:14:27 PM
- 'Walking With Dinosaurs' Review: You'll Be Rooting for ExctinctionMSNEntertainment 12/19/2013 4:00:34 PM
- Year in Home Entertainment: UltraViolet Battles for Users, Greater VisibilityMSNEntertainment 12/19/2013 3:41:42 PM
- Mariah Carey criticized for performing for Angolan leaderMSNEntertainment 12/19/2013 3:35:14 PM
- 'Duck Dynasty' Fallout: GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years, Says Rep
After having -- and raising! -- eight young kids, it's obvious that Kate Gosselin is one tough cookie. But the reality TV mother has had to deal with her fair share of criticism from adults as well, she reveals in a new blog post on Bullyville.
"I've been bullied. A lot," she begins the post. "I was definitely bullied back then [during middle school] and the cruel comments and mean displays are memories that have left deep scars that remain with me till this day. Bullying made me feel insecure, alone, ugly, powerless, and hopeless at times. Being bullied was the most difficult part of my early teen years.
"But the bullying didn't stop there for me and with a quick sweep of the Internet, it's clear that this epidemic is alive and well like a disease with no cure!" she continued. "It's a horrible disease that haunts me and many many many others in our world!"
The 37-year-old mother goes on to explain that ever since she and then-husband Jon Gosselin opened up their home to America on their TLC show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," she has been the victim of "adult bullying" on the Internet.
Critics of her and her family "flocked to the Internet to make ugly hurtful and untrue comments" about her brood, something that Gosselin said has gone on to impact her life after the show as well.
The reality show star, who competed on season 10 of "Dancing With the Stars," was reportedly rejected from this past fall's all-star season of the dancing competition show, and was publicly fired from her job at CouponCabin in October 2012.
But the negativity hasn't affected the self-proclaimed "positive" mother-of-eight, she said.
"I use my haters as my motivators," Gosselin wrote in the post. "If they say I can't do it, rest assured I WILL do it. And I won't stop until I've succeeded in achieving any given goal. With all I've been through, one thing I know about myself is that my persistence is hard to stop!"
"I think of myself as the energized bunny," she continued. "I keep going and going and going!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Amanda Bynes post-rehab on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey, Cameron Diaz and more stars romp in the snow on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHappy Man
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite