Kate Gosselin: I've Been a Victim of 'Adult Bullying'
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: DJDM/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: CAM GRIFFITH/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: NBC/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: DANIEL SHANKEN/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: CouponCabin.com/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
After having -- and raising! -- eight young kids, it's obvious that Kate Gosselin is one tough cookie. But the reality TV mother has had to deal with her fair share of criticism from adults as well, she reveals in a new blog post on Bullyville.
"I've been bullied. A lot," she begins the post. "I was definitely bullied back then [during middle school] and the cruel comments and mean displays are memories that have left deep scars that remain with me till this day. Bullying made me feel insecure, alone, ugly, powerless, and hopeless at times. Being bullied was the most difficult part of my early teen years.
"But the bullying didn't stop there for me and with a quick sweep of the Internet, it's clear that this epidemic is alive and well like a disease with no cure!" she continued. "It's a horrible disease that haunts me and many many many others in our world!"
The 37-year-old mother goes on to explain that ever since she and then-husband Jon Gosselin opened up their home to America on their TLC show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," she has been the victim of "adult bullying" on the Internet.
Critics of her and her family "flocked to the Internet to make ugly hurtful and untrue comments" about her brood, something that Gosselin said has gone on to impact her life after the show as well.
The reality show star, who competed on season 10 of "Dancing With the Stars," was reportedly rejected from this past fall's all-star season of the dancing competition show, and was publicly fired from her job at CouponCabin in October 2012.
But the negativity hasn't affected the self-proclaimed "positive" mother-of-eight, she said.
"I use my haters as my motivators," Gosselin wrote in the post. "If they say I can't do it, rest assured I WILL do it. And I won't stop until I've succeeded in achieving any given goal. With all I've been through, one thing I know about myself is that my persistence is hard to stop!"
"I think of myself as the energized bunny," she continued. "I keep going and going and going!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite