Kate Gosselin: My Marriage Would Have Ended Without the Reality Show
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: TLC/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: CAM GRIFFITH/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: NBC/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: DANIEL SHANKEN/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: CouponCabin.com/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Kate Gosselin doesn't blame her failed marriage on the reality show curse.
The mother of eight told Katie Couric Wednesday that she'd have split with Jon Gosselin even if she hadn't done TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus 8" show.
"A lot of people try to pin reality TV and say, 'My gosh. It ended in divorce. Big surprise.' We went through a lot. The signs were always there, and obviously having eight kids in a short span of time didn't help that," she explained on the talk show, "Katie." "And I'm not at all blaming my kids, I'm just saying ..."
Kate, 37, and Jon, 35, finalized their divorce in December 2009 after ten years of marriage.
"I know the red flags were always there. So looking back, had you never heard the names Jon and Kate Gosselin, I'm certain that I would be in that spot now," Kate added. "It's hard because like any mom, I just want the best for my kids."
What may be best for her kids now? Dating again.
"I don't know that I really have time for it," Kate said. "I know the kids have a desire for me to be dating."
"For whatever reason it comes up at dinner like every single night, and they bring it up," the busy mom explained. "I think that they miss that man role in our house, and the more hands on, full-time sort of feel. So for them, you know I had the frank discussion the other day, I said it's not something I can go to the store and buy."
But she is thinking about doing her own reality dating show.
"It is true. After a few years in realizing my barriers to dating and all of that and loving TV and the experiences ... I just feel like honestly, yes, that was my idea. I would do it [so] it could be watched by families and my children," she revealed. "But I think that it would be fun because that would allow me to sort of meet people, have fun, show my fun side -- I do have one. I'm not always barking orders! And so to sort of do that, I do, I think it would be really fun."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kate Gosselin: My Marriage Would Have Ended Without the Reality Show
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite